Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Zoeisms

Right now - September 3 - you can go to imdb.com, then look in the upper left corner "videos", and press the blue arrow until you come to "Rachel Zoeisms" which is one minute's worth of pure Michael Costagliola video editing.
It's a cliche that many movie trailers are better than the movies. And it's true. And it's true here, too. Take it from me: Mary and I sat through one hour of Rachel Zoe and, I promise, we will never do it again.
Here's what I like: Mike starts off with some sound that's (just barely) in sync, but then, after establishing that (for people who've never seen the show) it's the blond woman doing the talking, he mixes up synch shots with voice-over with those video-stuttering effects because, he's realized, that you really don't care if anything is in sync or not. The sound is so good and the camerawork is so poor that I think this could work as a radio commercial, too.
Anyway, I think Bravo will miss Mike. If they were smart, they would have made him sign a contract or something...

1 comment:

  1. I watch that video, I die.
    Bravo, Mike.
    -------------------------
    I recently read an interview with Tarentino where he spoke about film review/criticism. Are there any magazines or critics that you would suggest checking out?

    ReplyDelete